1) It’s cheaper to send most parcels from Spain by FedEx or UPS through Citibox than through the postal system.
a. Although we cannot beat the price of a simple letter, we are cheaper for most packages over 2kg and we can collect from hotels or car hire companies in Spain where customers have left their mobile phones or keys or computers and need them sending from Spain to their home.
b. We offer special rates for businesses who send many parcels from Spain. Please ask if you want to be a regular business customer.
2) Every parcel is trackable and insured and we only use the two largest international parcel services in the World.
a. People sending parcels are really only concerned whether they arrive or not. After all, what is the point of sending something that doesn’t arrive?
b. If you use the postal service you are relying on a minimum of three different carriers: Correos from Spain, the transit company that moves the mail overseas and the delivery company e.g. Royal Mail in the UK. Would you save a few € to lose the parcel?
3) From most places in Spain there is a guaranteed next-day delivery service to major European and West Coast USA destinations.
a. All the postal services in Europe are increasing their prices for urgent mail because the EU VAT laws have been changed and now only ordinary mail is exempt from VAT, not any premium service such as tracked and insured urgent delivery.
b. Citibox courier services have always built in VAT to their prices and therefore, while the postal costs increase, the courier package costs of Citibox remain the same.
4) Citibox are experts in customs declaration forms and in providing the correct packaging and customs advice to make sure your packages sent outside of the EU arrive with minimal duty payable and safely.
a. The trouble caused when a package is sent from outside the EU or a delivery to a country outside the EU can be considerable. There are Customs in both the export country and the import country and both need all the documentation to be correct.
b. You may be sending something you consider completely reasonable, vitamin pills to your daughter studying in Spain. Spanish customs will not agree with you and will destroy the shipment. Citibox can let you know in advance how to get around these problems.
5) If something goes wrong, and it very rarely does, Citibox are better placed to help you as they have direct contact with top management in both UPS and FedEx.
a. There is no such thing as a fault-free service. Millions of packages are sent every day to and from Spain and some will encounter problems.
b. The question is “who do you want on your side if something goes wrong?” If you send your international packages through Citibox we are there to help you; we re-locate lost packages; we process claim forms for lost or damaged packages; you are our client so we are your friend and we work tirelessly for you.
If you need to send it, send it by Citibox!